Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Friday, May 16, 2014

This is NOT OK...

I'm still learning the ropes of being a 'country wife'-though again, this is the closest I've lived to the city since I moved out of it 6 years ago. Technically, we are rural-or zoned that way by the county, anyway.  But to put it in perspective, I can now make it to the grocery store in under five minutes and when we lived in Small-town, Iowa, it took me 15.

There are some things and I am told I'll, ' just get used to'.  This, I don't think this will ever be acceptable:
No hooves in the house! No exceptions.
Not only are the children and my husband tracking in straw and manure, but now the sheep too. I vacuum 3 times per week. Clearly the people that lived here before us (and installed the just-off-white carpet) did NOT have animals.

I'll bet you can't guess which sheep this is tempting the balance of Animal vs Man?  I'll give you a hint, he's not my favorite.

And let's forget for a moment, that this is the deck off the back of our house, and move to the fact that this door, leads in to our breakfast nook/kitchen and most importantly, my sewing area.

Then, in true A**hole-fashion, he leaves this prize on the porch (no, not my husband...).  I might faint. I hate poo.
I don't think this requires a caption...
Then someone had the brilliant idea of attaching sheep to dog.  Mind you, 13 pound, prissy, indoor dog does not care to mingle with sheep unless it's from the other side of their pen... 
She's looking at me like, "please, Mama, this is NOT OK. Take it off!"
And then my sweet baby is trying to set him up. Look at those snazzy boots! Make no mistake, setting them up and holding them in the set position is not easy work.  Though I still think the grimace has more to do with the smell, myself.
Look at my baby working hard.
 Nope, still NOT OK, A**hole.  Get out!
In other news, our first show is this weekend.  Should be an interesting couple days of preparation and showing!

No comments:

Post a Comment