Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Baby Boy's Bumper

I said I have a project up my sleeve, and I do.  This is NOT the project. The problem is, these pesky necessities get in the way. 

See, the problem is, Guyface is pretty mobile.  He can't quite crawl, but he drags himself and he can move 360 degrees on his tummy.  And he likes to get in to stuff.  Lately, he has taken to wedging an arm and a leg between the slats in his crib, then he panics, wiggles, and screams bloody murder in the middle of the night so his mama will come in and shake him loose and put his plug back in so he can get back to his peaceful sleep.

His mom, she's not amused by this behavior.  At all.  So out of necessity, I made a 'bumper'.  I'm against bumpers really, well, until a child gets stuck in the slats, panics, wiggles and screams bloody murder in the middle of the night, every night, several times.  I worry about SIDS, but I also think, that at this point, he's strong enough to move if he gets too close or if it covers his nose and mouth.  So I'm going to go with it for the time being.

This was NOT a fun project.  I hate making things I HAVE to make.  I would much rather make things that are fun, or put a smile on someone's face.  Pretty sure Guyface could care less about it.

It didn't dawn on me that you would be so interested in the process of making this bumper until I finished, so you don't get any photos of the 'making', but you do get a picture of the finished product.
This is his crib-it was Big Sister's crib before it was his.  We did get new sheets and changed from girly pink and purple themed to a 'farm theme'

The bumper, gingham with red piping on the top.

The bumper's ties...who has time to tie nice bows, it was after BOTH our bedtimes!  Maybe my mom will tie them in nice bows the next time she comes out.

This is the crib skirt that I made for Guyface out of burlap and gingham (same gingham as the bumper).  I made it when I was 8 months pregnant.  That was a terrible idea.  I should have made the bumper when I made the crib skirt.

I also recovered the cushions on this chair that my mom got for the nursery.  This was also done at 8 months pregnant and I may have cried, multiple times, trying to recover it.  I resent this chair and do not rock my son in it because it was such a pain to cover and brings back bad memories.  Actually, that's not true.  I don't rock Guy in it, because I just put him in bed, start his seahorse music toy and he's out. Yeah buddy!  That's my baby...well, until he gets stuck in the slats, panics, wiggles...(Need I go on?)

This is what Guyface was doing while I was finishing up his bumper...well, that is when he wasn't crying because he wanted some attention from his mama.  And before I took this picture, he was snoozin'.
I worked a half day today because Guy was sick.  He showed marked improvement by the evening, so I will be working a full day tomorrow.  My LAST full Friday, well until next May.  I'm excited.  Then I should have time to get to the project I keep eluding to.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment