Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spring has sprung in to Summer!

Though it has long-past for this growing season, one of my favorite times in Iowa is when the corn just starts popping up through the dirt (wait, soil, it's soil in Iowa).  I love the bright green that shoots out of the rich, black soil after a long winter...and this winter was L-O-N-G!

Though this picture was taken about a month and a half ago and I'm just getting to it now, I still love to see the contrast between the bright green racing stripes running through fields.
Love those green stripes!

The other side of Iowa spring/summer, is the storms.  Unfortunately, this spring has not been kind to the farm.  They've lost two, large trees and one more that was dead and just needed to come down. 


It also knocked over my precious tomato plants that I have strategically placed on my porch (on casters, no less) away from those pesky rabbits that eat them before I get the chance.  I have tomatoes, they're green, but they are there and if I didn't check on them today, we might have lost them. =)  Good news is, we didn't!  I also have some peppers and cilantro growing on my porch.


Spring has definitely sprung, in fact, look, here's my garden.  Can you tell I attempted to weed it yesterday after I took Guyface for a walk and he fell asleep in his stroller?  I didn't think so.  Dang!  I did.  At this stage, because I planted something that I know nothing about growing or have never grown before, ie) carrots, Okra and peas, I guess I'm kinda screwed.

You can see the green beans and the onions.  And those dang rabbits are going to town on my raspberry, blueberry and blackberry bushes.  I'm going to have to do something about this!



Lastly, I planted something in this other garden box, however, I have absolutely NO IDEA what it was.  Sadly, I can't remember.  I'm going to blame it on a severe lack of sleep and obligations to work full time.  We do have some volunteer plants in the second garden...  Five bucks says they are pumpkins.  I wish they were cucumbers. I think I am going to miss having cucumbers in my garden this year.  I didn't think I wanted them when I was buying seeds, but I do want them, and I don't want to go to the store and pay like $3 for one!  Next year, I'll plan better. 

On a completely unrelated note, I haven't been blogging because something called life, has happened to me!  Aye yie yie!  Busy lady!  Here are a few highlights:

Guyface's Baptism



Brady's birthday

An inpromptu photo shoot with the girls and Graham Tuesday night.  I've been cleared to show their faces.  Here we go-Sickos, be warned, I will end you if you come after these girls...ever!  Promise.







My baby boy doesn't like grass...

No comments:

Post a Comment