Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

'Book Bags'

What did I get myself in to?!  I saw that Oldest Sister's teacher looked like she could use some help (by help I mean she has some family things going on that are taking up a significant portion of her time and someone else could help with this task) making little fabric bags that go on the backs of the students' chairs.  They have tables, not desks and the way their reading program is set up, it appears the teacher selects a number of books appropriate to each individual student's reading level. 

So I sent her an e-mail and offered to 'help'.  Now let me clarify, when I do offer to help, I mean it, and I really do want to help.  I just didn't exactly count on making them ALL... Nor did I count on embroidering each child's name on them...  But I did.  It took me a while and a bit of neglecting my baby... well, kinda.
Making this chore even easier, my baby monster, GuyFace, has decided now would be an excellent time to begin crawling...


I see you!  [I see Lou running for cover?]

I'm a

gonna

get choo

get choo

get choo!

Hi Mama!
Look mom, still no teeth!  Just thought I'd remind you...
I made 14, I have 4 left, but those students have not yet turned in their yard of fabric to the teacher.  Here are some of them I made this afternoon.  Pretty basic, yes, and time consuming, definately.  Especially with the baby monster under my feet and pushing the pedal on my sewing machine.  His dad was watching him for a bit today, so I did get a little peace. 

Now I can get back to my usual grind.  I still have to make my baby's Halloween costume and hem a pair of my pants and a pair of Brady's pants and make some Christmas coasters and a pillow and... (this could go on FOREVER with the fabric backlog I have).



Unfortunately, now I can tell you which parents in Biggest Sister's class smoke...YUCK!  There was one child's fabric in particular that, was absolutely disgusting, and the parents should be ashamed of themselves.  I hate to spout my views, but I do NOT like smoking around children. If you want to smoke, fine, but go outside and wash your hands when you're done. When the poor kids come to school and smell awful because their parents smoke around them, it breaks my heart.  It's just too bad.  I tried to Febreeze the fabric, but it still smelled, I put it in a separate bag, so the rest of the kid's bags didn't stink too.  And washed my hands when I was done.  I still think I can smell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment