Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Boots, Shoes and Jerusalem Cruisers...

I have learned that footwear is very important around the farm.  Not because there could be rusty nails, rocks, steaming piles of dung and other undesirable objects on the ground, but also because there are mice.  My biggest fear with mice is them crawling up the leg of my pants...NO THANK YOU!  HeeeBeeee JeeeeBeeee's!

When I first started going to the farm, I wore a cute little pink and brown pair of Nike casual shoes that were a little too worn out to wear out of the house.  Then, after the first lambing season, which was where it dawned on me that the sheep were not the only residents in the nursery, I graduated to my old Doc Martin's.  These were the bulky ones I had in High School and I have NO idea how they made it through 3 moves in Iowa without getting tossed, but they did.

While I was able to tuck my pant legs in to these boots, and tie them, something still was not right.  At the time, I was working for Meredith Corporation (Living the Country Life-check it out @ http://www.livingthecountrylife.com/) and I was chasing a hot lead on a company call Norcross Safety Products.  They make a number of things (and were purchased by Honeywell just over 2 years ago), I was most interested in their footwear brands which include: Muck Boots, Ranger Brand, and Northerner, among others.

Local News Cut-In:  I'm listening to Pandora Radio, and Huey Lewis says, "It's hip to be square".  The older I get the more I truly believe this statement.

Now back to the post.

So I was working at Meredith Corporation and in hot pursuit of the boot people and I think the gal took sympathy on me and finally threw me a bone and said, "Why don't I send you a pair of our new Ranger Rubber Boots". And here they are:


Cute, huh?
And they're 'hound's tooth' ta-boot (no pun intended, really).

My husband wears these:


They're men's Uggs, circa 1997.  This is why he does not have a leg to stand on when I wear my Uggs.  Even a macho man farm boy LOVES his Uggs.  Too bad they don't make them anymore.  He got them at AKSARBEN (its a livestock show they used to attend in Nebraska). If you're real quick, you see Aksarben is Nebraska spelled backwards, if not, this is my gift to you for the day.  You now know what Aksarben is.  (Sidenote: Yes, I am ending a sentence with a preposition, sue me, it's my blog).  Those farm folk, they are a creative bunch! =)

This is what my father-in-law (Flash, that's the nickname I gave him. I'll never tell you why, but it's a term of endearment and quite frankly, I think it is hilarious and entertaining) wore on this day.  Most days, he wears his worn out dress shoes from Johnston Murphy.  Which is also a good look for him.  I can promise you he will be the topic of many 'o sheepin' blogs to come.


This is what my brother wears when he farms, huh! He's got 'City Boy' written all over him with those Doc Martins!

This is what I'm wearing today, I'm posting them because I got a great deal at TJ Maxx on them.  They are Borne's, so they are super comfortable, they have a bit of a heal, to assist in making those calves look slimmer and the legs longer and they're very versatile.
My new sandals, or as I like to call them, Jerusalem Cruisers
SOMEbody needs a pedicure!
In case you're wondering what the Guyface does while I'm blogging, usually he sucks his fingers or bounces around in the 'JumpJump'.  Today he was texting his Grandma Jan.  And he was only texting her to irritate his Grandpa because his Grandpa refuses to update his dinosaur phone plan to include texting.  He sent lots of texts, each one costing $1.00.  You're welcome Grandpa!
Look at that face, so innocent.
'That toy phone you got for me is for the birds mama!  I want the Blackberry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment