Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vices of a rural wife...

Not that it would have changed much if I would have ended up living in Los Angeles or Chicago, or any other larger city, but it just seems more suited to the semi-rural existence that has become my life, every semi-country wife must have her vices.  If I lived in a big city, I'm quite sure I'd be sitting at some trendy knitting shop sipping wine and chatting with the trendy ladies about big-city, high powered living, luckily, I'm at home, the boy's in bed and the dog is asleep on the couch with her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth...

I'm confessing my vices in this post.  Let's keep in mind, they're not limited to these items, but they certainly suck a fair share of my husband's hard earned $$.  I love crafts, let me be clear, not ART, crafts.  My 'art' capabilities extend as far as stick figures and puffy clouds.  I do not have a good eye and I rely on my VERY artistically talented mother (or my husband who has 'it' too) to tell me what looks good.

Now, if you want a knitted sweater, scarf, washcloth, blanket, etc, I won't even follow a pattern, I'll make one up as I go, and it'll fit and look great...If you want a cute little sewn handbag, embroidered napkins, curtains, baby items galore, I may need some kind of a pattern, but I'll sew it for you.

I don't have nearly enough time (as none of us do) to do what I love-especially with this working full time business...that puts a major cramp in my style.  So what do I do?  Buy ALL this season's new knitting mags and throw them in my stash...actually I usually haul like 8 of them around with me with the best intentions of looking at them cover to cover, until the corners are all bent and the covers are ripped (it's a rough life in the enormous purse I carry!) before I just resign myself to throwing them in the pile with all the rest that I have yet to thoroughly examine.

You think I'm kidding, here is my stash.  I hope to someday have it organized.  C'mon, you have your junk drawer, I just happen to have a 'junk half of a room'... (maybe the $$ I spend on these items doesn't bother my husband as much as the fact that all this stuff is out there for all of our house guests to see every time they come over...no doors on this room baby!)

My Mach-ine (that's ma-cheen)...this thing can do almost anything, the only limiting factor: my time.

Look, a 'Baker's Rack' filled with yarn, books, knitting mags, notions, pillows (that are supposed to have been covered with all the fabric you'll see in later photos) and other assorted items.  I think this rack was made for holding dishes, cupcakes and other homemade creations.  Hmmm... Whoops!  Oh, and do you like my thread rack and drawers of yarn?  How about the basket of yarn?? No?  hmmmmm.

Oh look, the fabric pile!  Very organized, I know! Oh, and my two boxes of greeting cards and thank you notes, because they should be in the craft pile, it just makes sense that way!

Oooooh!  Another box of un-knit yarn.... Would you be annoyed yet if you were my husband???  I say this but he is uber patient with me, really.

Oh, and more boxes/bags full of yarn. Please note: I do have projects for ALL of this yarn, I just need non-arthritic hands and more time to get it all knit up!  That's all I'm asking for.  Does it seem a little compulsive to have this many unfinished projects?!  Can anyone find the 1/2 finished quilt in this photo-GAH!  I need to get to that!

And then I have a glass of wine, shut the light off in the 'craft, half-room' and take my knitting mags to bed...
No pictures of the Guyface today.  He simply wasn't up to it.  3 shots at the doctor's office today and the last person he wanted to smile for was his Mama.  Sad but true.  Next time, he promises.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment