Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Brothers

I am so excited that my older brother FINALLY came to Iowa to visit-well and interview for a job.  He had yet to meet GuyFace, which I was not real pleased about.  'Guy's' (for short) middle name is 'Andrew', after his uncle.  There has been a lot going on in his life and he might just end up in our backyard, in Iowa.  OK, maybe we'd lend him a room until he can find a place.  That would make me 2 for 2 on brothers,  as my younger brother moved here two years ago-his circumstances were a little different.  He's a shit-if you know him, you're most definitely nodding your head.

I am happy to potentially have them both nearby, well Andy anyway, Michael uses me for my washer, dryer and the contents of my fridge and pantry.  He's not shy about it, he'll tell you the same thing. 

I miss my older brother a ton, we were good buddies.  When I chose to move to Iowa, I guess I never thought I would really stay.  After getting married to a man who's kind of anchored in Central Iowa, I no longer have a choice, so I must bring them to me.  It is my evil, master plan! moooohahahahahahahaha!

Either that or the two of them just can't get enough of me (and my cooking). It was nice to catch up with Andy, show him around town and potential places he might be able to settle with his dog, Molly McButters-'Butters' for short.  It's funny how things work out in life and he's been a great sport.  Much better than I would be if I were in his place.  (But then again, I'm vindictive and kind of 'an eye for an eye' kinda gal...do not mess with me.  OK, maybe I talk tough, but still, I would be more venomous with words and more cold with actions and he is not, not at all.  His grace and kindness and loyalty amaze me.  Apparently he didn't get the ferocity part of the gene pool, oh, that's not genetic, it's a learned behavior...that explains a lot... =))

The most comical moments of his trip might have involved 'Biggest' and 'Big Sister's (the irony of 'big' is just to much for me, please, these girls are birds!).  Uncle Andy arrived just in time for our Tuesday night dinner with the them.  For him, it was a multi-media experience and I was waiting for his head to start spinning, steam to come out of his ears and finally, this head to fly off.  Those girls kept him on his toes, told him how 'stinky' Uncle Mike is, and the reasons why he is stinky, they were telling him about Grandma Jan's house (...because he's never been there 'afore'), and all the current going's on in their lives.

I think he was exhausted after they left-and probably needed another drink.  Welcome to my life buddy!  Never a dull moment.

All in all, it was great fun to see him.  I do hope he ends up somewhere closer to us and we get to see him more. But most of all, I hope he finds the happiness, love and success that he deserves.

I love you Andy-keep pluggin' away buddy!


First time holding a baby?!

'Though you look just like my mother, I'm pretty sure you are not her...'


Which one looks more uncomfortable?


That's right baby, give 'em that big 'ole grin of yours!  Mama loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment