Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Step-Mothering and Potted Plants

When I was dating my husband, my mom warned me that step-parenting is a thankless and very tough job.  It could be the toughest role to date for me.  We have our good times and we certainly have our challenges...


Tuesday night was a challenge after those pesky little girls were naughty.  They dropped a toy phone on their brother's head while he was laying on his back.  When he started to cry, they bolted...GRRRR!  I explained to them the next time they get hurt, I'm runnin'!  It makes me mad, they are old enough to be responsible and tell me what happened, or at least comfort the crying tyke for cryin' out loud!

So what is a step-mother to do besides ask their dad to address it with them (which she very well knows will not be done or if it is, will certainly not be as productive as it would be if she were to get a piece of them in the name of parenting!).  After I nagged Daddy to no avail.  I decided to take them outside to pot our remaining vegetable/herb plants.  I mean what is a step-mother to do besides reward poor behavior with fun...right?

Biggest Sister seems especially interested in gardening.  Big Sister just likes dirt and barking orders.  Biggest Sister will tell you what plants need to grow, different parts of the plant, etc.  Big Sister wants to get those garden gloves DIRTY (and everything else on her person for that matter-but they were going back to their mom's so, not my problem, right? =) )

It is extremely sad that I have to blur their faces (they are beautiful girls, albeit naughty, but beautiful).  Maybe someday when I have been granted permission I will share with you their beautiful faces, but for now, this is all you get.  Matching sweatshirts, garden gloves and our porch pots.  Rabbits are a nuisance around here so we can't grow tomatoes in the garden without rabbit bites out of them.  I'd love to see those punks work their way up and around my wrap around porch! Muhahahahaha!

The girls with our porch plants: tomatoes, peppers and cilantro

'Please Mama, may I have some more?!'

I own the creative rights to this boy-show 'em that smile Guyface!

I'm sure his Uncle Mike taught him this... I'm going to need to keep a closer eye on him! We don't stick our tongue out at Mommy, NO WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment