Is this for you?!

This is for you, if you have the following: a sense of humor, understanding of sarcasm, if you aren't easily offended by what is reality in my world and if you like to follow someone else's life so you don't have to think about the pile of laundry, sink full of dirty dishes, overflowing trashcans, unkempt lawn, dusty surfaces and unswept floors at your own house! Oh, and if you can handle this girl referring to herself in the 3rd person...(see, not for everyone!) This is not for you if: you can't handle all of the above (and more). For those of you who can, welcome to my world friends! Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Someone special

Lou was a gift from my parents when I graduated college and moved to a tiny apartment in West Des Moines.  It was 1 bedroom, on the third floor with no elevator.  It was glorious...until you try to potty-train a tiny puppy.  She was 1 pound 10 ounces, we, as in my parents and I (we split her) she was worth her weight in gold, trust me, about $40/ounce... I had to feed her chicken baby food through and eye-dropper for 4 weeks and get up twice in the middle of the night to take her out.  It was worse than we brought our son home!

But she is worth every penny and all the effort.  I love her, even though she feels it's necessary to hump my husband's leg (I've been told she is trying to show her dominance over him...he's 6'4 and over 200, she stands about 10" off the ground and is a whopping 12.5 pounds. You get where this is going.)  She can't seem to keep her jowls clean, she sleeps under the covers like a human, will not hear of being bathed unless she gets a 'blow out' (with my blow-dryer) afterward-really, who air dries anymore???  She loves the sheep, but only if they are on the other side of the fence, if she's in the pen, she's not so tough.

She was very comforting to me when I first moved to Iowa, a sense of responsibility and certainly prevented many 'o night 'o shackin' (not shaking, shacking).  Someone had to be home to let her out!

She is very smart, I think we figured out she knows about 50 words, only 1 of which is a command, 'sit'.  Go figure, she's a Miniature Boston Terrier with her nose out of joint (she gets that last part from her mama, that would be me).  Even after GuyFace was born, my love for her has not changed.  And I like the way her feet smell.

'Salty Dog', on my parents' boat in Florida

She's like a cat, prefers to lay on the back of the couch

At my parents' house in MI, their Boston Terrier Pipsi doesn't think a whole lot of her...

When she was a puppy-look at that tongue

I've been asked not to show the girls' faces on the internet (albeit a long time ago, but I'm still respecting those wishes-hope this is not breaking the rules) Lou LOVES the girls.

Look at that face

Some winter nights in Iowa require a coat

I wasn't joking, she sleeps under the covers, with her head on the pillow...This is completely normal.

She loves the soccer games-Like the collar?  It's from Coach =)

Tallulah Lou, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment